There are two services, offered by LiveU, that you can use with your LiveU Solo. Below is a breakdown of both, to illustrate the key differences between the two services. This should help you decide which service you need!
The LRT service receives the bonded stream from the LiveU Solo in LiveU's cloud, and converts (repacketizes) the bonded stream into RTMP, the format used by all destinations supported by Solo today, such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitch and others.
Today, LRT costs $45 per month or $450 per year. Due to bundle specials, discounts or coupons, you may have paid less than that.
Key things to know about LRT:
- LRT supports "zones" of elastic resources around the world, so you can use it from anywhere in the world
- There is no limit or cap on how often you use LRT, or how much data you send through our cloud
- One LRT subscription is required per LiveU Solo unit
- Your local reseller may have offered you a license key, which is a prepaid "key" that lets you activate LRT on the Solo Portal without any additional fees or without using your Credit Card
- These keys all start with "LRT_". If you have a key that starts with the characters "LRT_", that key is good for 1 year of LRT service.
- If you have an LRT key, you still need to activate LRT on your unit from the Solo Portal, by clicking "Add LRT"
- Read here for more information on how to buy LRT with a credit card or a license key
Solo Connect includes everything from LRT above, plus activates unlimited data plans on your Solo Connect modems, which are sold as a kit. For example, in the USA, either a 2 modem or 3 modem kit is offered. The two modems data plan is $295 per month, and the three modem data plan is $435. Again, your price may vary slightly due to offered discounts, specials, etc.
Once you activate Solo Connect, using your Solo Connect serial number, it also adds the LRT service outlined above to the unit you link your Solo Connect plan to, included in the prices outlined above.
Other important parts to understand about Solo Connect:
- Currently Solo Connect only works in the USA
- You can upgrade, from either annual or monthly LRT, to Solo Connect, and the Solo Portal will credit you for any unused time on your LRT subscription - you won't lose any value!
- If you purchased a license key for LRT from your reseller, that license key alone is not the Solo Connect service and does not pay for your use of the unlimited data plans. However, the full value of that license key can be claimed against Solo Connect, so every dollar is still accounted for and you never double-pay or lose value. If you have a license key and need to activate Solo Connect, you can contact support via this site to help with the correct steps to get the full value of the key.
- Solo Connect is not activated via license keys, unlike the less-expensive LRT service. If you have a license key that starts with the characters, "LRT_", that is only for the LRT service above (though again - every dollar can be converted to your Solo Connect subscription)
- All Solo Connect serial numbers start with the characters "SC"
- Read here for more information on how to activate Solo Connect, once you have a Solo Connect Starter Kit