Now you can get credit when you refer a friend to purchases a new LiveU Solo device (and they get something too)!
Let's dive into how the referral program works!
New for October, 2023: we have changed the program slightly - the way you create one-time use codes and have your friends and colleagues claim them remain the same. However, instead of the account credit being for a variable amount, starting in October 2023 and going forward, the account credit will be a fixed amount. The amounts are outlined in the chart below.
The referral program works through a few simple steps:
- You create a one-time use code to give to a friend, colleague, etc.
- Each code can only be used once, by one person, but you can generate as many one-time use codes as you want - and track which ones are eventually claimed.
- There is no limit to how far in the future a code can be claimed.
- You share the short code with a friend or colleague - once they purchase a brand new solo, they will have a chance to use that code for some savings of their own!
- Note - it must be a new Solo, at this time purchase of after-market solos, such as on eBay or other used-goods sites, do not count.
- When your friend or colleague is registering the new Solo via their own login on the Solo portal, they will see a place to enter the code.
- The system will validate the code is unclaimed, and once the user clicks complete, you will both get a credit to our LiveU Solo services!
What credit will you get? You will receive an account credit, which is then used in your next transaction or transactions on the portal, for the following amounts:
|Your Friend or Colleague Gets...
|$295 credit on your account
|$59 credit on their account
Creating Referral Codes
Once you log into the Solo Portal, click on the new link that says "New! Refer a Friend and Save!":
Here, you can Generate a new code, and easily copy it to paste elsewhere. You can also see all the previous codes generated and if they have been claimed, including recopying the code should you need.
Share Your Code
The next step is to give that short referral code to a friend or colleague. Remember, each code can only be used once, by one person. But, you can return to the above step and generate as many codes as you want!
When Claiming a Code
For your friend or colleague, or if you are the one claiming a code - when you click Add Unit to register a new unit to your account, you will now see the place to include the code shared to you:
Enter the code in the box labeled Referral Code, and wait while the system checks this code is unclaimed and ready to use. Once you enter the serial number of a newly sold unit, and click Submit, both you (the person claiming the code) and the original person that shared the code will be queued up to receive your credit!
A Few Details
Units can be purchased anywhere in the world, and you can share codes with users all around the world. It may take some time for your credit to be applied, look for it on future invoices of your services (LRT or Solo Connect). If you are not a LRT or Solo Connect subscriber (or the person claiming the code is not), no further discount or reward will be applied.