You will notice that Solo Stream Tools is currently labeled as Beta. During this time, we really appreciate your feedback on the feature and anything you feel can be improved or that was not clear, including anything not clear in the user interface.
We recommend you use the Beta in a private test first before you try it in any production shoot.
We will soon be removing the "Beta" label on the feature, however, we continue to encourage you to try it in a test stream first to learn the ins and outs of the feature and make sure it fits your needs - before using it in production!
Limitations Not Related to the Beta
There are a few limitations that are not a result of the Beta status, and will remain even after the Beta badge is removed:
- A Stream Tools stream cannot exceed 24 hours of duration
Known Issues in the Beta
Here is a list of known issues and limitations of the current Beta. We are working to correct all of these and will update this list as the Beta progresses:
- When using Solo PRO, you cannot yet send HEVC from the unit to Solo Stream Tools, or in the "first mile" as it is often called
- Subscribing to both Solo Stream Tools and Solo Connect or Solo PRO Connect does not discount the two subscriptions yet, though we plan that it will
- When selecting the output profile, the same level of tools previously available in Advanced Profile is not available
- Fallback slates must currently be still images, not videos
- When you arrive to the preview video, you need to click to start the preview - we are thinking of changing it to auto-play the video but require a click to start the audio (which the browser requires)
- Immediately after adding or purchasing Solo Stream Tools, before you have started a Stream Tools Engine in your account once, you cannot yet add a Logo or Slate successfully. If you start one stream, during that stream or after you can.